Chamber Music for Strings, Woodwinds, and Piano | all ages
Chamber music ensemble auditions are coming up on Sunday, March 19th from 2-4pm! Contact our office via email or at 617-492-8105 for more information.
Playing in a small ensemble is a wonderful opportunity to develop technique on your instrument while exploring new repertoire and working with others. Each ensemble will be formed based on experience and instrumentation and will consist of no more than 4 students. Each ensemble will work toward at least one performance at the end of the term. A placement audition is required to help with ensemble formation. Placement auditions will be held monthly. Please contact our office for more information.
NSM Ensemble members will get the opportunity to work with distinguished guest artists and arts organizations through our Musical Connections program.
- Mixed Trio (string/woodwind/piano, 2 strings/piano, 2 woodwinds/piano)
- Piano Duo (2 pianos, 4-hand piano)
- Piano Trio (violin/cello/piano)
- String Duo (2 violins, 2 cellos, violin/viola, violin/cello)
- String Trio (2 violins/cello, violin/viola/cello)
- String Quartet (2 violins/viola/cello)
- Woodwind Duo (2 flutes, 2 clarinets, flute/oboe, flute/clarinet, etc)
- Woodwind Trio (Flute/Oboe or Clarinet/Bassoon)
- Woodwind Quartet (Flute/Clarinet/Oboe/Bassoon)
Power Performance! | ages 12-18
Thursdays 6:30-7:15pm | September 22, 2016 – January 19, 2017
Faculty: Lauren Cook and Aleksandra Lvin | Tuition: $375 | Register now!
This small ensemble class is designed to empower students to perform with confidence. By blending games, improvisation, movement, and mock performances, students will learn to keep stage fright under control in a supportive and safe environment. Students will also attain the language needed to give constructive criticism to each other, evaluate themselves, and learn to be a clever and intelligent audience. Many fears and issues are shared by all performers – and students will be able to work through them together. This class is a great opportunity to build a community by making music TOGETHER!
*Prerequisite: students must be enrolled in private lessons at NSM or elsewhere, and if NSM, recommendation of private teacher.