Chamber Music for Strings, Woodwinds, and Piano | all ages
Playing in a small ensemble is a wonderful opportunity to develop technique on your instrument while exploring new repertoire and working with others. Each ensemble will be formed based on experience and instrumentation and will consist of no more than 4 students. Each ensemble will work toward at least one performance at the end of the term. A placement audition is required to help with ensemble formation. Placement auditions will be held monthly. Please contact our office for more information.
NSM Ensemble members will get the opportunity to work with distinguished guest artists and arts organizations through our Musical Connections program.
- Mixed Trio (string/woodwind/piano, 2 strings/piano, 2 woodwinds/piano)
- Piano Duo (2 pianos, 4-hand piano)
- Piano Trio (violin/cello/piano)
- String Duo (2 violins, 2 cellos, violin/viola, violin/cello)
- String Trio (2 violins/cello, violin/viola/cello)
- String Quartet (2 violins/viola/cello)
- Woodwind Duo (2 flutes, 2 clarinets, flute/oboe, flute/clarinet, etc)
- Woodwind Trio (Flute/Oboe or Clarinet/Bassoon)
- Woodwind Quartet (Flute/Clarinet/Oboe/Bassoon)