The New School of Music is thrilled to offer a program titled Cultural Collage: Making Music in Our Global City featuring the ensemble the students have named the “Cambridge Kids’ Community Band.” This program is a collaboration between NSM and the Community Art Center, and aims to strengthen our city by bridging the gap between the diverse cultures of Cambridge through the universal language of music. This program is a great opportunity for children ages 6-12 to make music with new friends, explore the music of the world, learn from great music teachers, and build musical skills on new or current instruments. Students with instruments through their school are welcome to enhance their instruction, or students can learn and have access to program instruments.
Open House Saturday, March 4th at 10am We recommend all interested students and their families attend the open house!
- FREE for all participants
- Meets from 10am-12pm every Saturday
- Drop off from 9:30-10am
- Location: Community Art Center, 119 Windsor St # 6, Cambridge, MA 02139
- Ages 6-12 during first year, age range will expand into future program years
- Every student will be engaged with performing and learning about music from their own community
- In addition to NSM faculty, special guest artists will join the program for performances and workshops
- Each day will include: Large group activities, instrument skills, musicianship & movement, snack, and large ensemble rehearsals
Contact Elise Tally, Program Director for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download an Enrollment Form now! Bring with you to the open house on September 10th!