Participate in Virtual Performathon 2020
Our annual Performathon is going virtual! Join this community event by submitting your video performance, or by making a contribution! Links are located on the left side of this page. All performances will be posted online during the week of June 8th! We will provide a performance release schedule once all recordings have been submitted. Please submit your video by Friday, June 5th to guarantee inclusion in the Performathon!
Tips for making a video performance:
- Keep performance length to under 5 minutes
- Check your microphone settings to turn off any “automatic noise reduction.” Since most microphones connected to computers or our phones are programmed for voices, they can often cut out the sounds coming from instruments. You may need to test this a few times to find the right setting/sound.
- Try to record with as little other sound in the room as possible (no fans running, for example), especially if you turned off the automatic noise reduction!
- Record yourself with plenty of light pointing toward you, not coming from behind
- Have fun! There is no such thing as a perfect performance, so the recording doesn’t need to be perfect either. We’re just excited to hear our students play.