February Vacation Program:
Play Me! A Week of Trying Out Musical Instruments
During February vacation week, kids ages 6-10, will have the opportunity to play (each day), all sorts of instruments! Kids will get to try out instruments from the wind and string families along with the piano and others. Incorporated into the day will be activities to run around in the park (weather permitting) and also time to relax and enjoy free-play in a quiet setting to build with legos, create art or enjoy a good book.
- 9:00-9:15am: Morning check-in
- Talk about the ahead, group song & movement
- 9:15-10:00am: Violin group class. Thank you to Johnson Strings for letting us borrow violins!
- 10:00-10:15am: Break
- 10:15-11:00am: Recorder Group Class
- 11:00-12:00pm: World Music
- 12:00-12:45: Lunch and Free-play outside (weather permitting)
- 12:45-1:15pm: Story Time, music themed
- 1:15-2pm: Group Piano Class
- 2:00-2:45pm: Arts, Crafts, Building time
- 2:45-3:00pm: End-of-Day check-in and group song
April Vacation Program:
Tuesday, April 21st – Saturday April 25th, 2015
9am-3pm Tues-Fri, 9am-12pm Saturday with a noon performance for family & friends.
Tuition: $400 | Register now!
Instructor: Joanna Schubert
Kids (ages 7-14) work in a fun, up-beat an supportive atmosphere. Classes incorporate singing, acting and dancing. Throughout the week, team-building is integral to the learning process and is explored through theater games, script-writing exercises and improvisation. The week culminates in a Saturday afternoon performance of songs, scenes and dance from the musical theater repertoire.